Friday, April 8, 2011

life list

In past months, years even I found myself wishing and/or wanting things I know I can't have.  A friend recently said "you can have both, you just can't have them at the same time."  Seems a little unfair.  Life isn't fair though.  And if life doesn't turn out the way you want you really only have yourself to blame.  --- All things I know to be true, doesn't mean it can't suck though.


This is my [running] list of things I want to do in my life:

  • eat whatever I want [including gobs of cheese and loads of cookies]
  • be skinny [or at least healthy]
  • live on a farm [aka own chickens, wear wellies a lot, have a field to run in]
  • live in a cool loft in a big city
  • live in a modern home with a great view
  • have an voluptuous outdoor space [with a dining area and a hammock]
  • eat meals out of my own garden
  • be an amazing cook
  • buy, refurb, and sell old furniture
  • plan/carry out crazy, awesome, exquisite events [weddings included]
  • own a lamp shop
  • be able to pick flowers out of my yard to create breath taking arrangements
  • live without a care in the world
  • be responsible
  • have a short bob [haircut]
  • have amazing, luscious long locks
  • be glamorous
  • be the kind of person who always feels great in a sweatshirt
  • be content after a day filled with nothing
  • never be content because then I would never be growing as a person
  • make amazing, huge, beautiful hair accessories
  • make jewelry and purses
  • make cloth napkins and table cloths and cake stands
  • own a pecan orchard
  • have roots/traditions
  • have small, quaint vintage home store/ stuff you can rent for parties store
  • live on a beach [or any body of water]
  • live on a whim
  • be a baker who makes beautiful cakes
  • own a big huge empty barn to have parties in
  • take risks



*photo is of Union Hill Inn [can't you imagine a little wedding taking place right in front of the barn?!?]

ps.  I think I might need to win the lottery.
pss. apparently I'm into making lists.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think winning the lottery might be the best bet if you want all of those things at once! But there are certainly things you can do/are doing now on that list, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. sometimes i just wish there were 3 of me!

    ReplyDelete