Friday, March 18, 2011

27 things to do before I turn 27

I saw this post a while ago and decided to make my own list of things to do.  I wrote it, put it away and promptly forgot about it.  I found it recently and being that my 27th birthday is 4 months from tomorrow I decided I should get to it. 

The list:
1. read more books  I have been reading a lot of books about small business but I want to read a book I can't put down.
2. re-organize work room to be more inspiring
3. get Petra a playmate    We have the crazy cute Porter!
4. have a picnic
5. rebrand Pistachio
6. invent "Archive Events"
7. have a 'recipe' date with the husband weekly   We are failing at this miserably.
8. paint my nails more often
9. send my friends & family more physical mail
10. have a 'dip party'
11. get Pistachio online - etsy?   www.danajoyscott.etsy.com
12. wear high heels more often
13. have "Archive" (events & photobooth) website and advertising
14. ride my bike whenever possible
15. make a cake every month  I am actually succeeding at this one.  But I love cake so...
16. go to the zoo
17. drink more water
18. go horseback riding
19. go bowling
20. visit a museum....or 2 or 3   We visited the OKC MOA's George Nelson exhibit and LOVED it!
21. take a road trip
22. blog about my life, creative ventures, and loves more.   This one will be a continual work in progress.
23. get a new mirror and light fixture for our bathroom
24. be a better listener
25. walk Petra more often
26. remove the ugliness that is our front porch
27. become a certified wedding consultant!!!!!!!!!!!

It was quite fun sitting down to make the list.  It made me think about all the things I always talk about doing but don't follow through with.  This gives me a deadline.  I am excited to keep marking things off the list.  Wish me good luck...4 months isn't that far from now.

3 comments:

  1. Things to do when you are 27:

    come to New York

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I am going to help you with #1 (attempt to anyway), #16, and #18. We can even do a combo #18 and #4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. lists are so fun because
    1. they're organized
    2. they're easy to refer back to
    3. they make you feel accomplished
    4. you get to cross things off

    I want to make one for 25 for me! Love you.

    ReplyDelete