Thursday, March 17, 2011

thrifty thursday

This past weekend we made it to a thrift store. Something that doesn't happen that often anymore.  I used to be a crazy, mad, insane thrifter (i missed a plane one time because of it....like I said...insane!).  In my opinion, we hit the jackpot.  The kind of jackpot you didn't even know you were looking for.


This mailbox is going to look awesome when (and if) we ever get our porch renovated.  A coat of paint and presto!  That little knob on the top actually twists and to retrieve your mail the entire front of the mailbox  opens...so cool!


These are placemats.  Not sure what we will use them for.  maybe to serve cheese and crackers or something like that...they were just too pretty to pass up.


These two were my faves.


Holy moly.  Me oh my.  This was by far my favorite find.  We had already checked out when I saw this sitting on the top shelf all by its lonesome.  I knew it had to be mine.  The tags around the decanters read "BOURBON" & "VODKA."  Like I said - me oh my!  The middle decanter was ours previously (the set came with a round decanter that didn't look like it belonged so I decided this one went better).  I love this.  I can't wait to put some cups in that tray and use it!


This decanter was one of the things we purchased during our first check out.  Pretty cool with the stripes going down the side!


This is a scarf that I picked up.  I am considering making this the summer of silk scarves.

1 comment: