Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wild Hare.

I heart my friends.

Sometimes when life starts to feel overwhelming there is no better medicine than visiting with someone about what is going on in their life. [Try this sometime if you are looking to be inspired.]

Today I am talking about Reese.   He is a father, a husband, a friend, a treasure hunter, and a shop owner.  Plus he is pretty awesome at all things he puts his hand to.  His warm and cozy, full-o-treasure, everywhere you look you discover something amazing shop,  Wild Hare Beadery, has been undergoing a lot of changes [of course for the better, duh!].  There is no more navy blue, what were they thinking when they installed it, carpet.  No more mismatched awnings.  No more costume jewelry.  Everything in the shop seems to be placed with thought and it all keeps getting better by the minute.

I will tell you that two things have stayed the same and these things are the most comforting thing about Wild Hare.  1. Reese.  He is always the same, concerned for your happiness, loud laugh, dance if you need to smile, crazy awesome jewelry designer.  Which leads me to the second thing that doesn't change - 2. his jewels!  If I had a bottomless pit of money I would buy a new necklace [Shit! Let's be honest - I'd buy five] every time I go in.  His jewelry is always evolving but you can always count on a necklace that is going to make your heart swoon.

On this particular day he was just putting up the first of his tintype necklaces.  Little pictures that are printed on pocket sized pieces of tin.  They were so pretty and carry a feeling of nostalgia.







Reese had no idea he was in this picture.

Photos aren't the best because I am taking them with my phone.

Look at how lovely his shop [& his jewels] are.

ps. Reese, along with Katie Huskerson [of Birdie] and myself, organize Dustbowl Arts Market.  Something I couldn't be more proud to be a part of.  It wouldn't be what it is without Reese or Katie.  Like I said - I heart my friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment