Saturday, August 3, 2013

It's been a while...

Well, looking at my last post it has definitely been a while.  Makes sense, in December Erica and I started renovating a space to call ours.  I had a little retail area and half of a very small office, she had a chair one salon and the other half of the very small office.  The following July we took over the space next door and I felt legit because I had a storage closet and 500 sq ft of retail space.  Now only one year later we were totally, completely, and utterly crazy (this of course was self-diagnosed) and moved into a 2600 sq ft space only 2 blocks away onto Main St. We have a more than legit storage room and an office so big we can put a couch and a coffee table and eventually an awesome bar cart in it (maybe I'll get around to posting pics some day).  I think that we are both still in shock that we have a space so huge on Norman's ever-growing Main St.  I am so lucky to have a business partner like Erica who is inspiring and always wanting to take that next step to make things awesome!  I am so very lucky to have a crazy awesome husband who is willing to conquer 12' counter tops and 16' heavy duty signs.

I am just so lucky.

Well we signed the lease on the new space for July 1st and we opened our doors July 12th.  We sort of didn't stop or sleep until, well if we are honest, just last week. 

As I approach 30 years I realize I am losing my memory...I know that sounds crazy but it is true, just the small things that make you really appreciate life.  I loved when I used to post about my life....if nothing else because I can look back at it and remember.  So this will be my first attempt at making more posts.

For my birthday Seth and I decided we should take a get away road trip (our current favorite thing) and go to Austin.  The night before we left I was ear to ear happy because we finally got our sign hung.




 Austin was a blast.  We ate lots of good food, watched the bats fly out from under the bridge (apparently a thing that Austin is known for...understandably...it was really cool), did some damage shopping, and relaxed.  My favorite day was Sunday when we visited Barton Springs Pool and then checked into the San Jose Hotel.  We got some sun.  Sipped on yummy drinks and swam in the rain.  All in all a great way to start the last year of my 20s.


// breakfast at Kitchen 324 before we left town
// Hillside Farmacy -obsessed with this place
// Hillside Farmacy bathroom - seriously.  Gold stripes?!
// I ate a garlic doughnut with this salad....just like Rex's fry bread. so yum.
// Barton Springs Pool.  Awesome public pool, water was freezing but still awesome.
// We were in Austin for 3 days and I ate Amy's Ice Cream 2 of them! 
// A Maverick.  Ginger beer, beer, and a splash of lemonade.  Perfect summer drink!
// San Jose Hotel has the best branding throughout the entire hotel.
// These were our robes in the room.  I wanted to steal it.
// This was called a Sandia.  It had watermelon, lavender, and ginger ale in it.  At Hopdoddy.
// A walkway at the hotel. I want to live there.
// The area they served drinks at in the evening and coffee in the morning.  Can my kitchen look like this?

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I am losing my memory, too.
    Your sign is beautiful. I am dying to see the new space.
    I miss you so!

    ReplyDelete