Monday, November 21, 2011

Scenes from the Weekend: Friendsgiving

Friday night I made my first ever pie and my mac and cheese so all I had to do was put it in the oven on Saturday.  I feel I am getting a lot wiser as I age, it took a lot of the stress out of Saturday by preparing these the night before.   Saturday I ventured out to the mall to return something and it was a mad house [apparently everyone is already Christmas shopping except me].  It just confirmed my suspicions that I should never venture out of the house for Black Friday. I left the mall frazzled, sweaty, and exhausted.  Saturday night the festivities ensued with fried turkey [so yum!], sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rolls with homemade cinnamon butter, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce, salad, cheesecake, and pumpkin whoopee pies [so good making them for the family thanksgiving too].  Everything was so yummy and so filling.  Let's just say we watched the sad let down of an OU football game with very full tummies.



Chocolate Cream Pie. I am not a big pie person. BUT this was so delicious that I might just be able to say I am a pie person after all.

Decorating a table is almost my favorite thing about Friendsgiving.

Full plate.

Ate one of these for breakfast.

Petra & Aunt Liz snuggling.


2 comments:

  1. Your table was so beautiful! Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish, especially pumpkin woopee pies! And the place settings look amazing, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete