Tuesday, October 18, 2011

i heart nyc shoppes

Seth and I did a lot of spending time with friends and eating while we were in NY.  My other favorite part of our trip was all the amazing stores we went into.  Talk about inspiring.

Brooklyn Flea - So awesome.  We arrived right at the end of a down pour so a lot of the booths were packed up or just reopening.  What a fun place to walk around, look at people's amazing vintage finds and handmade items.  There was also a small little area of yummy food stands.  

Madewell - If I could this store in it's entirety, I would do so.  Everything was so beautiful, so classic, so wearable, so lustworthy.

Topshop - This store was a little overwhelming but everything in there was beautiful.  There were especially tons of clothing with sequins and lots of beading...which i adore.

Muji - I wish I could organize my whole house with stuff from this store.  Our purchases here were sort of random: a calculator, a note pad, and a clock.  They have binders, pens, notebooks, bathroom goods, kitchen goods, clothing...a little bit of the most basic of everything. 

Catbird - This was in Brooklyn and it quite frankly made my heart skip a beat.  The most beautiful displays of jewelry, stationary, knick knacks, perfume, and the list goes on. It was pretty busy when we went which made it hard to look around but if it wouldn't have been so packed full of people I could have been in there for hours [quite a statement considering how small the store acutally is].

A&G Merch - Beautiful couches, accessories, jewelry, art, quirks for the home, etc.  Like heaven for the hip home body.

Smith & Chang General Goods - This was in Jersey City and it is officially my favorite store.  Every I turned I was drooling over something.  Soaps and lotions, Glassware and awesome kitchen stuff, light fixtures, furniture, paper goods, and on and on and on.  They are launching an online store in the next few weeks.  This was the 2nd to last place we went before boarding our plane and it made me realize something I think I have been trying to deny for a while now....that I want to have my own store someday.  Dreaming of my own store and what it would look like - it would be a combination of Catbird and Smith & Chang.

Brooklyn Flea

Brooklyn Flea

Brooklyn Flea

Catbird
Catbird
Smith & Chang

Smith & Chang

Smith & Chang

Photos//all by me except for Smith & Chang - pulled from their facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, Smith and Chang looks awesome! Might need to take a little trip to JC.

    ReplyDelete